To empower young people to build a healthy, safe and positive life and become fulfilled and contributing adults.
To help prevent substance abuse, particularly drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, by providing positive health-based education programmes for young people.
Fulfilling Our Mission
LEAP works in partnership with schools, teachers, parents, government and other agencies to communicate healthy lifestyle messages by:
- Educating young people in accordance with LEAP’s philosophy of emphasizing the good and positive attributes of the human body and life
- Offering sequential, health based, age appropriate and interactive drug education programmes to young people
- Educating young people on the effects of drugs, alcohol and other substances on the human body
- Equipping young people so they have the skills necessary to understand and overcome pressures to abuse the human body
- Encouraging an awareness and appreciation of the uniqueness and potential of each individual
- Educating young people on the relationship between human beings and the environment
- Encouraging respect and support of each other
- Equipping parents with drug knowledge, to help them prevent substance abuse in the family
- Helping parents acquire and enhance parenting skills that aid children’s development
- Raising community awareness on the importance of establishing a healthy lifestyle
- Promoting healthy lifestyle choices