This programme highlights the pressure young people face when they enter social situations in which they make choices about drug and alcohol use. The programme covers physical and social consequences of poly-drug use, and provide strategies on how to help a friend who has developed harmful drug use behaviour.
- To increase knowledge of psychotropic drugs and explore the risks associated with drug use
- To identify the prevalence of non-drug use among young people in Hong Kong
- To identify the social influences on young people to use or not to use drugs
- To examine the health, social and legal consequences of drug misuse
- To identify barriers and incentives influencing help-seeking in situations involving the use of drugs
- To provide possible sources of support for drug-using teenagers